On 02/04/2016, Tramway Fire Department responded to Camelot Ln in reference to an unattended and uncontrolled outside/woods fire. Upon arrival of Captain 23, it was found that the fire had spread to the woods and had now involved an building and a tractor. Mutual aid Station 7 (Lemon Springs Fire Dept) and Station 9 (Northwest Pocket Fire Dept) responded with units and personnel to assist with containing and controlling the fire. The fire was quickly extinguished and units returned to service. The NC Forestry Service also responded to assist with fire control and investigation.
There have been several woods and grass fires over the past week. Many of those fires were caused by residents burning debris and leaving fires unattended. While burning yard debris (naturally grown) is acceptable residents should be mindful of the wind direction and weather. The fire should be continuously monitored and only approved items can be burned. It is never acceptable to burn man made materials, treated lumber, paper, magazines, plastic bottles, cardboard boxes or any other items of that nature.